House and Life

House and Life

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dreams Do Come True (ha ha!)

The original picture that caught my eye courtesy of Habitually Chic's scan of Vogue Living.
The gorgeous cottage from the water.

That amazing lattice- clad dining room that I keep thinking about. I believe it was originally done by Sister Parish and then re-discovered.


Gwen on the porch in that fabulous orange dress.

I love the mounted sailboat. Do you think that was Windsor Smith's idea?
One of Gwen's adorable daughters in a vintage swim cap. Sofa now available at Windsor Smith.




A huge thank you to Heather at Habitually Chic and Courtney at Style Court for coming to my rescue on the search for Gwen McCaw's Maine House (see last post) featured in Vogue Living. These two powerhouses in the design blogging world went above and beyond to help me find and locate these pictures Thank you ladies, its nice to have blogging friends! And the pictures are just as fabulous as I remember!




4 comments:

Style Court said...

Heather really came through! How generous to get those to you so quickly. The positive side of design blogging :)

It's great to have this overview of Windsor's work isn't it?

Alison Duffy said...

I know, really quick! I didn't put two and two together that it was Windsor's until you mentioned it, SC! After Domino, I really watch for her name and she outdid herself on this house.

Pigtown*Design said...

What a perfect house! We used to summer on Lake Memphramegog in Vermont and these pix remind me of that!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pink in that last images. Those pillows are great.