House and Life

House and Life

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nate Berkus and Onions.




;">

Katie Lee the famous ex of Mr. Joel was on her BFF Nate Berkus's show making French Onion Soup. She is so darn cute and said I could make it in a crock pot, so I did. I cut up 5 onions and added a half a stick of butter and water to the crock. I let it cook a few hrs to a golden carmel. Then added low sodium beef stock ( you could use vegetarian stock) and instead of Katie's fancy wine, I poured in za 1/4 of left over Pinot and cooked a few more hrs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then I sliced french bread, sprinkled a little parm cheese and toasted in the oven. When brown, I floated them in the soup. I gotta say, out of this world! Easy too, especially nice to come to after a long day.

2 comments:

tricia s. said...

Great posts as usual - I have Katie Lee's cookbook and it is a guilty pleasure. You want to not like her...yet she is so sincere and adorable. And the food aint bad either :) Great DIY on that Sal Army item. lovely-

Lavender said...

YUM!